Exodus – cryptocurrency wallet. The application provides the ability to import and export private keys created on the device. It works with the most popular and liquid digital currencies. There are already more than a hundred of them, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, EOS, etc. The official website of the wallet is exodus.com.
Exodus cryptocurrency wallet is an anonymous program capable of storing and conducting transactions with digital tokens. No registration is required. The developers have made a convenient application for smartphones and desktop version for popular operating systems: Windows, Linux, Mac OS. The interface is simple enough. Even a beginner will be able to cope with it. In addition to deposits and withdrawals of tokens, in the program they can be converted according to the market rate. For this purpose, there is a built-in crypto-exchange. The founders of the project are Daniel Castagnoli and JP Richardson.
Exodus is a cryptocurrency wallet with many positive qualities. We will highlight the main ones:
- No registration. It is enough to download the software installation file from the official portal and install it.
- No verification. You do not need to verify your identity to use the program.
- Does not require a lot of hard disk space. It is a “lightweight” program that works with a remote server to load the blockchain network.
- 24/7 developer support for the program. Multi-currency software. More than a hundred cryptocurrencies to work with.
- Intuitively simple interface. The program is easy to work with.
- Dynamic commission. Placed automatically for entering a transaction into the nearest block. At the same time, by default, the wallet does not take a commission for itself.
- Possibility of recovery by using a secret phrase.
- Reliable encryption of private keys and personal data. The storage takes place locally on the PC. There is no third party access to them.
There are negative reviews on Exodus cryptocurrency wallet.
- For example, people are not happy with closed source. After all, you cannot be 100% sure how the program works.
- The automatic setting of the commission also does not make everyone happy. You cannot manually change it.
However, even with these disadvantages, the application is still popular. Apart from the above, the program has no other disadvantages.
Unlike exchange platforms,
After downloading the installation file, you need to run it to install it. It doesn’t take long. It literally takes a couple of minutes. Then a window will pop up notifying you that the installation of the program is complete. An appropriate launch shortcut will appear on the desktop. Click on it to enter the cryptocurrency wallet.
- Go to the Wallet tab.
- Select the account of the tokens you want to fund.
- Click the Receive button.
- Select the address receiving. You can copy it or scan the QR code.
- Submit to your address is the amount in the required number of tokens.
You can transfer tokens to an exchanger or
- Insert the address where you want to withdraw coins.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw.
- Click the “Send” button to send the cryptocurrency.
Note that the commission is dynamic. Calculation is made on the amount you send. Calculated directly from the payment. You can change the commission manually by clicking on the gear:
Wallet recovery is done by backing up and creating
- Return to the main “Portfolio” tab and click “Restore from Backup”. The wallet offers to restart. Click “Restart”
- Enter an LED phrase of 12 English words without capital caps letters and enter them.
- Create a strong password for added security.
To get the first SEED phrase, which, if necessary, will restore the purse, you need to refill the account. Otherwise seed program will not give out. Backup is created only once. However the phrase will always be available, no matter how many times you lose access. It is important not just to save it, but to use the exact sequence of words. When you lose access to your wallet, simply download the program again and use the “Restore from backup” button in the portfolio tab. Then enter your secret phrase and password in the window that appears. The wallet will immediately restore and give you access to your accounts.
Initially, you are taken to the “Portfolio” section. Two main buttons are provided at the top:
“Make Your First Deposit” – used to top up your cryptocurrency wallet.
“Restore from backup” – restore the old wallet with a secret phrase of 12 layers
Under the buttons is a list of digital tokens with a balance for each of them.
The next section is “Wallet”. It is used to deposit and withdraw tokens and view private keys.
“Exchange” allows you to exchange cryptocurrencies within the tokens that the program supports. Note that there is no fiat here.
The “Backup” section contains 12 words written in English. This is the secret phrase that allows you to access the wallet. If you save it, then the question “how to restore Exodus Wallet” will not scare you. However, in order for the program to withdraw it, you need to recharge your account.
In some tokens, it is possible to track the transaction. To do this, you need to click on “Link”. You’ll be sent to the transaction execution browser site. Then, on another account, conduct the transaction in the usual mode, specifying the copied from Exodus wallet address.
The program settings are made in the “Settings” section. There are the following subcategories here:
- Assets – add or exclude digital coins that will be displayed in the wallet.
- Apps – applications.
- Devices – sync with cold hardware wallets. For example, with Trezor.
- Personalize – allows you to personalize a cryptocurrency wallet using interface settings. Gives a choice of real currency to display the balance.
- Backup – Create a password for protection.
To contact support, use the “Support” button. Through this you can write to the developers to solve your problem.