Verge (XVG), created in 2014 under the original name DogecoinDark, is an open-source coin created by a team of international developers. Verge uses the anonymity tool Tor and I2P for an anonymous network layer, which allows you to hide the IP addresses and locations of certain transactions. The transaction speed on the verge is estimated at 5 seconds due to the use of simple payment confirmation (SPV). The Core QT wallet has built-in TOR integration and SSL encryption, which hides users’ IP addresses. The introduction of Wraith Protocol updates allows users to send and receive payments privately through the Verge blockchain, providing hidden addressing services. It is reported that Verge users can switch between private and public registrars on the blockchain. Verge offers five different Proof-of-Work mining algorithms – Lyra2rev2, Scrypt, X17, blake2s and myr-groestl.
Verge-QT for Windows is actually not so much an installation as a “download”. Just create a directory anywhere on your hard drive and download VERGE-qt.exe and VERGEd.exe. It is good practice to name the folder in which you create the version number. C: \ cryptowallets \ Verge700 \
Note. For a fresh wallet installation, you can shorten the blockchain sync time by downloading the latest VERGE blockchain (XVG) and following the installation instructions.
Downloading the Verge blockchain (XVG)
Verge Blockchain: https://verge-blockchain.com/
The large zip file will be named QT-Wallet_Verge-BlockchainXXXX.zip. Go ahead and download it as it will take a few minutes. We’ll come back to this later in the guide.
Preparing to install Blockchain Verge XVG
- Make sure that your hard drive has enough free space, it takes about 15 GB;
- Download the Verge Core wallet
- Download the archive with Verge blocks (XVG) via torrent
Import Blockchain Verge XVG
After the files have loaded, we can start importing Verge (XVG) blocks, for this:
- Create a folder where we will place the blocks, for example, “Verge”;
- We dig into it an archive with blocks;
- Next, in the same folder, run – “blockchain.exe”
- The “Verge Core” window will open, select our just created folder “Verge (XVG)” and click “Next”, after which the assembly of the blockchain database and synchronization with the Verge network (XVG) will begin;
- Done! Now you can use Verge (XVG) – wallet!
Run verge-qt.exe (Verge Core) and you will see something like this in the result, this part will take about 30-40 minutes. (luckily in v5 it will be MUCH faster)
When finished, you will see this screen.