Verge (XVG), created in 2014 under the original name DogecoinDark, is an open-source coin created by a team of international developers. Verge uses the anonymity tool Tor and I2P for an anonymous network layer, which allows you to hide the IP addresses and locations of certain transactions. The transaction speed on the verge is estimated at 5 seconds due to the use of simple payment confirmation (SPV). The Core QT wallet has built-in TOR integration and SSL encryption, which hides users’ IP addresses. The introduction of Wraith Protocol updates allows users to send and receive payments privately through the Verge blockchain, providing hidden addressing services. It is reported that Verge users can switch between private and public registrars on the blockchain. Verge offers five different Proof-of-Work mining algorithms – Lyra2rev2, Scrypt, X17, blake2s and myr-groestl.
VERGE GUI Desktop Wallet (Verge Core)
Preparing to install Verge XVG blockchain blocks
- Make sure that your hard drive has enough free space, it takes about 15 GB;
- Download the Verge Core wallet
- Download the archive with Verge blocks (XVG) via torrent
Import Blockchain Blocks Verge (XVG)
After the files have loaded, we can start importing Verge (XVG) blocks, for this:
- Create a folder where we will place the blocks, for example, “Verge”;
- We dig into it an archive with blocks;
- Next, in the same folder, run – “Verge.exe”
- The “Verge Core” window will open, select our just created folder “Verge (XVG)” and click “Next”, after which the assembly of the blockchain database and synchronization with the Verge network (XVG) will begin;
- Done! Now you can use Verge (XVG) – wallet!