Cardano (ADA) is a decentralized platform that enables sophisticated, programmable value transfers in a secure and scalable manner. Founded by Charles Hoskinson, its development began in 2015 and then raised around $ 60 million in ICOs in 2017 before its release. Hoskinson was also one of the founders of Ethereum. Cardano is reportedly the first blockchain platform developed on the basis of scientific philosophy and a research-based approach, and one of the first to be built on the Haskell programming language. Cardano is developing a smart contract platform that aims to provide more advanced features than any previously developed protocol. The development team consists of a large global team of experienced engineers and researchers. The protocol is reported to have a multi-level software stack that is flexible, scalable, and is developed using the most stringent academic and commercial software standards in the industry. Cardano will use a democratic management system that will allow the project to evolve over time and will be sustainably funded through the treasury system. Cardano also notes that he will combine user privacy needs with regulation, so Cardano’s regulated computing style will contribute to greater affordability.
Cardano is supported by three organizations that are separate in both ownership and leadership. The Cardano Foundation is an independent Swiss organization that oversees the development of the Cardano ecosystem, IOHK designs and builds Cardano, and Emurgo is a commercial unit supporting Cardano with business enterprises. Cardano’s roadmap for development has been divided into five eras: Byron, Shelley, Goguen, Basho and Voltaire. While each individual era has its own set of functions that will be developed and supported in several code releases in sequential order, the development of each era is parallel and simultaneous in different systems. Cardano also has its own block explorer, which allows users to check the history of ADA transactions that are publicly written to the blockchain.
Cardano Wallet (Deadalus)
Preparing to Install Blockchain Blocks Cardano (ADA)
- Make sure that your hard disk has enough free space, it takes about 15 GB;
- Before you start importing the Cardano blockchain (ADA), make sure that “Cardano Wallet” is not installed on your computer, if it is installed, remove it. Otherwise, the blocks will not rise and simply begin to swing through the Cardano Wallet, and this takes a lot more time;
- Download the archive with the Cardano blockchain
Import Blockchain Blocks Cardano (ADA)
After the files have loaded, we can start importing Cardano blocks (ADA), for this:
- Create a folder where we will place the blocks, for example, “Cardano (ADA)”;
- We dig into it an archive with blocks;
- Next, in the same folder, run – “Cardano.exe”
- The “Cardano wallet” window will open, select our just created folder “Cardano (ADA)” and click “Next”, after which the assembly of the Cardano blockchain database (ADA) and synchronization with the network will begin;
- Done! Now you can use Cardano (ADA) wallet!