Launched in 2016 by Zooko Wilcox-O’Hearn and based on the Zerocoin protocol, Zcash (ZEC) is an open source privacy-centric decentralized cryptocurrency that provides selective transaction transparency. Zcash transactions can be either transparent or escaped using a zero-knowledge proof called zk-SNARK. This allows the network to maintain a reliable balance sheet without disclosing information about parties or amounts involved. Instead of publishing expense and transaction data, transaction metadata is encrypted, and zk-SNARK is used to prove that no one is dishonest.
Preparing to Install Blockchain Blocks Zcash (ZEC)
- Make sure there is enough free space on your hard drive, it takes about 10-15 GB;
- Download ZecWallet
- Download the archive with the Zcash blockchain (ZEC)
Import Blockchain Blocks Zcash (ZEC)
After the files have loaded, we can start importing Zcash blocks (ZEC), for this:
- Create a folder where we will place the blocks, for example “Zcash”;
- We dig into it an archive with blocks;
- Next, in the same folder, run – “Zcash.exe”
- The “Zcash Wallet” window will open, select our just created “Zcash” folder and click “Next”, after which the assembly of the Zcash blockchain database (ZEC) and synchronization with the network will begin;
- Done! Now you can use Zcash – wallet!