Bitcoin Gold (BTG) is a fork of bitcoin that occurred on block 41940 on October 24, 2017. Bitcoin Gold changed the algorithm for checking Bitcoin operation from SHA256 to Equihash, which makes specialized mining equipment obsolete in an attempt to democratize the Bitcoin mining process.
Bitcoin Gold Core
Preparation for installation Blockchain Bitcoin Gold (BTG)
- Make sure that your hard drive has enough free space, it takes about 150 GB;
- Download Bitcoin Gold Core
- Download the archive with the Bitcoin Gold blockchain (BTG)
Import Blockchain Bitcoin Gold BTG
After the files have downloaded, we can start importing Bitcoin Gold blocks, for this:
- Create a folder where we will place the blocks, for example, “Bitcoin Gold”;
- We dig into it an archive with blocks;
- Next, in the same folder, run – “BitcoinGold.exe”
- The “Bitcoin Gold Core” window will open, select our just created “Bitcoin Gold” folder and click “Next”, after which the assembly of the Bitcoin Goold blockchain database and synchronization with the network will begin;
- Done! Now you can use Bitcoin Gold – a wallet!