BitTorrent aims to tokenize the decentralized file sharing protocol with their cryptocurrency asset, launched in early 2019. BTT presents the TRC-10 service token, based on the TRON blockchain, which can allow content creators to connect with their audience, earn and spend digital currency without an intermediary. According to their website, BitTorrent tokens (BTT) can be offered in exchange for faster downloads or stored in a wallet built into the BitTorrent client. Both BitTorrent and parent company TRON share the concept of decentralized Internet without barriers.
BitTorrent Core (BTT)
Preparing to Install Blockchain Blocks BitTorrent (BTT)
- Make sure that your hard drive has enough free space, it takes about 15 GB;
- Download BitTorrent Core
- Download the archive with the BitTorrent blockchain (BTT)
Import Blockchain Blocks BitTorrent (BTT)
After the files have downloaded, we can start importing BitTorrent (BTT) blocks, for this:
- Create a folder where we will place the blocks, for example, “BitTorrent (BTT)”;
- We dig into it an archive with blocks;
- Next, in the same folder, run – “BitTorrent.exe”
- The “BitTorrent Wallet” window will open, select our just created folder “BitTorrent (BTT)” and click “Next”, after which the assembly of the blockchain database and synchronization with the BitTorrent network (BTT) will begin;
- Done! Now you can use BitTorrent (BTT) – wallet!