Bitcoin is a fully decentralized digital cryptocurrency. Unlike US dollars, which you can hold in your hands (or in your bank account), there is no central authority or centralized payment system that controls Bitcoin. Instead, Bitcoin operates on a peer-to-peer network that allows anyone in the world to send and receive Bitcoin without intermediaries (for example, a bank, central bank or payment processor).
Despite the fact that there are thousands of cryptocurrencies on the CMC today, Bitcoin was the very first cryptocurrency ever created. On October 31, 2008, a person (or group of people) under the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto published the world famous Bitcoin white paper.
The first line reads: “A clean, peer-to-peer version of electronic money that allows you to send online payments directly from one side to the other without going through a financial institution.”
The Bitcoin network was launched on January 3, 2009, which marked the beginning of the cryptocurrency revolution.
Preparation for installation Blockchain Blocks Bitcoin (BTC)
- Make sure that your hard disk has enough free space, it takes about 300-350 GB;
- Before you start importing the Bitcoin blockchain, make sure that “Bitcoin Core” is not installed on your computer, if it is installed, remove it. Otherwise, the blocks will not rise and simply begin to swing through the “Bitcoin Core”, and this takes a lot more time;
- Скачиваем архив с блокчейном Bitcoin (BTC)
- Важно! Настоятельно рекомендуем скачивать через торрент, так как вес файлов очень большой (300+ ГБ) и из-за этого в процессе скачивания могут возникнуть ошибки при загрузке через браузер.
Import Blockchain Bitcoin
After the files have downloaded, we can start importing bitcoin blocks, for this:
- Create a folder where we will place the blocks, for example “Bitcoin BTC”;
- We dig into it an archive with blocks;
- Next, in the same folder, run – “Bitcoin.exe”
- The “BitcoinCore” window will open, select our just created folder “Bitcoin BTC” and click “Next”, after which the assembly of the Bitcoin blockchain database and synchronization with the network will begin;
- Done! Now you can use your Bitcoin wallet!